Sunday, November 9, 2008

Welcome..

I created this blog for my kids at GNF. They are a bunch of passionate kids who love to worship and dance in church. They often amaze me with their talents and gifts. We have some who love to dance, some who love to sing, play musical instruments, a talented Yoyo-ist, a Ballroom dancer and an enthusiastic computer manipulator.. who thinks I cant do anything with my canggih computer... but most of all they are young people who love God.

At times they leave me speechless with their tongue twisting jargon.. lame, cool, hot, ah beng, ah lian, snogs... eh! Being with the Youth has taught me to constantly expect greater things in God for just when I thought something was difficult I'd see a young person arise and achieve the impossible by His Spirit. I also credit the young people with my evolving and passionate love for worship and the ability to learn new songs. I also credit them for keeping me young!


1998...
Each Youth group I have had the honor to guide has had it's own flavors and pool of talents. When I first started with Madelyn in 1998 we basically had the passion to just provide an outlet for the young people in our church to express themselves in God. Back then they called themselves the Seer Fire Teens, believing God for the gift of listening and being able to ask of God what He wanted of them and their lives.

This Seer Fire batch have grown up to be young men and women of God.. Most of them not in Sarawak anymore but still very close to my heart. Every once in a while they come home and now they drive and take me out for dinner.. insisting they pay for me as I had done for them... and with great pride and pleasure I go along with them. Many in this team are now graduates and are working overseas.

Now...
I have been with the Youth over 10 years now and I am no longer young (in a physical sense! But I can still jump around to their music!) The current batch of youth have risen up to the positions of Youth leaders from a humble start in our Sunday school. They do not call themselves the Seer Fire Teens but amazingly they move in the area of worship and in Joel 2:28-32 more than any group I have seen. Watching them grow in Christ has been one of the most rewarding and exciting times of my life. My blog may not be as exciting as theirs but if you want to see a bunch of Kids reach for their destiny in Christ then follow our journey and pray with us as journey with Christ. Enjoy our blog!


p.s.: If this blog evolves, pictorially, it will be because some young person thought I needed sprucing up! This is both a disclaimer and a hope!

No comments: