Sunday, November 16, 2008

Emotional Worship... check yourself..

When you look at the music in the Christian Church today, a lot of it is geared to stirring up the emotions, bringing emotional revival that fires you up and gets you pumped to go out and be a Christian!

It’s all fake, I am sorry to say, but it’s the sad truth. I became so aware of it recently and I started to try and decipher between when I was praising with my heart, with my head or if it was emotional. I started to get a bit paranoid! If I felt any emotion welling up in me, I would stop myself and say "No… That’s just emotional…" But with guidance, I realized that I’m human and I have emotions and a brain and they are not wrong!

Luke 10 vs 27 says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.” So all I have to do is come to God with everything and just go for it! I will be careful which songs I worship with “and try find the one with a real anointing, that feed my spirit. If I get emotional or if it only feeds me info to my brain, I don’t have to worry about that. I just need to make sure my heart is open to the conviction of the spirit and humble enough to repent when God convicts me. Let’s loves God more than we love our emotions!

This post was written by:
Stephen - who has written 2 posts on christianyouthblog.com.

No comments: